baobaobebe

Monday, October 09, 2006

Race for Cure

Mom woke up at 5:40 am yesterday, nursed me and dragged dad and me out for the 14th Race for Cure in downtown Denver. It was only 8:05 am by the time we stood at the starting line. The weather was cold and gloomy, but they bundled me up pretty well. There were over 63,000 people there, very active crowd.

My parents learned how to imitate my cry during the weekend. They would wrinkle up their faces together like walnuts and open their mouths big and wide and start to make a piercing AAAHHHHHHHHHHH sound. I think they're both funny and silly when they do it in front of my face so I started laughing and screaming at them. This seems to encourage them to do it more often though.

They are very sportive people for sure. They pushed my stroller and ran with other people for the 5K race. It felt really comfortable when the strollers waddled around on the street so I fell asleep all through the race. There was nothing wrong to be sleeping in for the cure. At least I participated as well.

We finished the 5K run in 35 minutes. Mom and dad pigged out on free steaks passed out by Safeway. They drank a lot of Propel Calcium Fitness Water, ate a lot of Yoplait Yogurt and Sun Chips as well. Mom even breast fed me while she was growling down all the Rancher's Reserve Steaks. She is such a piece of work.

Dad was tired all way through because he carried me for nearly 3 hours on Saturday for the Mount Sanitas Trail. We went to the peak of Mount Sanitas and had a bird view of downtown Boulder. The leaves were still colorful. The sky was blue decorated with white clouds here and there. Lakes were like mirrors. Mom said that was the last good weather of this season. It'd chill off pretty soon.

I am going to see my pediatrician this afternoon for my four-month checkup. I'll get weighed and measured again. I have been eating so much for this big event. Mommy and Daddy both agreed that I was a lot chubbier and bigger in the past week. I don't want to grow out of Size Two diapers too quick though because we still have hundreds of them at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home