baobaobebe

Monday, October 02, 2006

Flagstaff Trail



We went to hike a 3 hour four star strenuous trail on Sunday. Now that Arnold is outside my belly, it became Biajee's job to carry him in the baby sling. He finally had a true feel of what I had gone through during the 9 month pregnancy. We hiked a 6,800 ft mountain when I was 7 months pregnant. It was just hard for me to balance at that time because all the weight was at my belly.

Biajee suffered the same thing. He took on a backpack as well, thinking it'd even out the weight at the front. Well, it is not that simple. When we had to use both hands and feet for 75 degree boulders, it was a challenging job for him. We stopped at half way to take a rest. I had Biajee release everything and put Arnold in my arms so that he could dry up his sweat-soaked T-shirt a bit.

The scenery was spectacular. We could see a bird view of Boulder and CU among green, yellow, orange and red leaves. There were lakes dotting here and there under the blue sky and white clouds. The only thing we didn't bring enough was water. I had thought of bringing more, but was afraid it would be too heavy for Biajee. He told me the weight of 2 more bottles of water would be nothing compared to Arnold or his own weight. Unfortunately I had been drinking a lot of water lately because of nursing. I could finish 64 oz bottles in one sip. Arnold started to drink 6 oz bottles last week. I think it's hereditary.

Arnold slept for most of the trail. During the time he was not asleep, he was fussy and uncomfortable. I hope he at least got the sense that mom and dad took the opportunity of taking him out to exercise and be absorbed in nature. After he grows up, he needs to appreciate nature so that whenever he is in a low mood, he could always have somewhere to turn to and to obtain positive energy from. I have so much love, expectations and hope for Arnold that it almost sounds stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home