baobaobebe

Monday, September 18, 2006

Windows XP

Believe it or not, the two computers I'm using at the company are actually being upgraded to Windows XP and Office 2003 these days. I've been tolerating Windows and Office 2000 for 3 years already. Of course, right after they finished re-imaging and re-intalling everything for my laptop last weekend, I need to order a brand new laptop. I guess I shouldn't complain about it at all as long as I get paid working here. If I get the same amount of salary and am working the job of a receptionist, I'd be totally thrilled.

IS is working on my desktop today. There are issues with the amount of data. I only had over 53 GB of data on that hard drive that needs to be backed up. However, there is no server big enough to host all the data. They had to delete some of the old profiles there to make space for it.

My work hours has been much longer than before I went on maternity leave. I'm working 12 hours days on a regular basis and I even came in last Saturday. Stress and pressure are not good reasons for car accidents though. We're waiting for the van to be fixed. The body shop will give me a follow up call on Wednesday afternoon and hopefully we can have it back by the end of this week if the parts arrive in today. The damage I caused was around $2,400 and we need to pay $1,000 out of pocket. It's not the end of the world. I don't think the insurance premium will go up $1,400 so it's probably better to claim the loss.

An English Slang says "Bad Luck comes in three". I think I've got three already: the wedding ring, the engagement ring and the Sienna. Hopefully it's my lucky time to buy lottery tickets from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home