baobaobebe

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Four Month Checkup


Mom took me to the doctor's yesterday. It was cold and rainy outside. Jennifer (the nurse) weighed me on an electric scale. I'm 15 lbs and 4 ozs now, that's 55% percentile of babies my age. My height is really promising: I'm 26-1/4 inches now, 72% on the chart. My head is still small: 16 inches in circumference, ranking 15% among my age group.

Dad was paranoid a bit. I don't know where he got that sick idea that I had to be in 90% range of everything. Doesn't he understand that 70% of Americans are over weight? I love my body shape. I'm a chubby baby in a cute way. I don't want to be a flubby mid-aged man yet. And who said smart people had to have large heads? Dad never gets it. I think I should be more concerned about my height since I'm a boy. Although Napoleon once said: A lot of men are not tall in sight, yet they're great in women's eyes.

I got three needle punches though, same things as I got 2 months ago. I cried when the needles poked through my thighs. But it wasn't really that bad at all. I resumed sucking my thumb immediately after these shots.

Dr. Cavanaugh checked my heart rate, lung and legs. I was a bit shy in front of women doctors. I kept laughing, screaming and tearing the paper under my body to draw her attention so that Dr. C didn't pay attention to my nudity. Well, I was wearing a piece of diaper, but that was everything. She told mom I could start on rice cereals mixed with breast milk once a day because I always had that lusting expression when my parents eat in front of me.

I wasn't in the mood to try any spoon fed food at dinner time though. I was dizzy and drowsy after the immunization shots. I wanted nothing but sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home