baobaobebe

Monday, October 23, 2006

Feverish Weekend

Both mom and I had a fever on Friday night. It was rainy, snowy and icy. Dad had to run to King Soopers to get a thermometer because we were out of the battery on all the ones we had in the house. The lesson we learned: never trust electronic stuff even when it comes down to measuring your temperature.

I was 99.4 degrees - way below the boundary that needs to be sent to emergency room (104 degrees). I kept coughing with Mucous. It was really uncomfortable. Every time I tried to eat, my throat itched and I had to cough. After a few times, I just got mad and started crying and screaming. I slept in my parents' bed for the whole week already, which was probably why mom was sick. She wasn't able to sleep at all because of me.

On Saturday morning, we both felt better. Dad played with mom's brand new Dell laptop, the cute D420. And in less than half an hour, he successfully crashed the computer. It wouldn't boot up because it was missing MSVCP60.dll file. Dad accomplished that by trying to install IE 7 on it. Poor mom had to log in a service desk ticket and got rebuked by IS people on Monday.

Mom forced some pear soup down my throat, which was supposed to help with my cough and mucous. It actually doesn't taste bad at all since she told dad to put in crystal sugar when he boiled it. They have a lot of secret Chinese herbal recipes because mom's mom's grandpa was a famous Chinese herbal doctor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home