baobaobebe

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Two Month Check up

I had a New Mom's Luncheon with all the ladies who had their babies in Avista Hospital in June today. Almost 20 people showed up with their babies. We had a 3 course lunch - Salad, Pasta and Chocolate Cake. Arnold looks bigger than most other babies.

I went to the locksmith, filled gas and stopped by the bank before I took Arnold to his 3:00 pm Doc appointment. His new measures are as follows:

Height 24-1/4 inches 90%
Weight 13 lbs 80%
Head Circum 15-1/4 inches 55%

Dr. Cavanaugh said I'd been feeding him well and we should continue with the breast milk diet. Arnold was so happy to see the doctor's office. The wall was full of pictures of Piglet, Tigger, Pooh and Yuhrr. The nurse came in while he was smiling and poked his left thigh with 2 needles and right thigh with 1 needle. He got shots for Pneumococcal Conjugate , Poliomyelitis, Haemophilus B, Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis and Hepatitis B today. His smiley face turned into painful crying and screaming as soon as the needle poked through his skin. Pearls of blood came out of his leg and it looks a bit swollen. I feel my heart broken at that moment - nothing else matters then.

He is supposed to have fevers tonight and be super fussy or sleepy. I don't know if I can handle this. It kills me to see him in pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home