baobaobebe

Friday, July 21, 2006

First Day without Amy


Yesterday was the first day without Amy. I knew how much she had helped me in the past 4 weeks in the beginning. However, I felt more thankful to her yesterday after I tried to do everything on my own.

Basically she helped with the following every day:

1) Bathe the baby - the hardest job you could ever imagine even for a healthy person;
2) Dump the garbage;
3) Do the laundry - not recommending anyone to lift a laundry basket if you have a wound or injury in any part of your lower body;
4) Make me lunch - mostly it was heating up lunch cooked by Biajee, but still, she had to carry it with a wooden tray upstairs;
5) Refill the 2 humidifiers

All these things sound simple, but it's a lot of effort if you try to do all by yourself. Apart from all these chores, I had to run to the postoffice, the dentist's and the oriental grocery store and cook dinner afterwards.

Paul stopped by in the evening with all the wonderful delicacies he cooked. We had dinner together and he held Arnold for a while. Arnold really liked Uncle Paul a lot because he came to visit a week after he was born...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home