baobaobebe

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Horse Ride

It was the first weekend that I was completely out of bed. Biajee was eager to do something exciting. I suggested a 2 hour horse ride in Rocky Mountain National Park, which later proved to be a fatal mistake. Horse ride is a violent sport and definitely not recommended for women who just had babies.

It took us nearly 3 hours to get to the stables because we had to change and feed Arnold on the road. I got bitten by a fly immediately after getting out of the car. It was so painful. Those are flies who suck blood out of mammals, which are actually 100 times worse than mosquitoes.

Biajee carried Arnold in the baby sling for the whole trip. Both my knees and my butt hurt like hell at the end of the ride. I hope it didn't do any damage to my wound. We'll see at Dr. A's office today.

The scenery on the way was really beautiful. It was just the wrong time in life for me to do this. I almost passed out when the cowboy helped me down the horse. And of course, Arnold needs to be changed and fed immediately. Taking a baby to a back country trip is a lot of work. Now we have some realistic understanding of what we're facing this coming weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home