baobaobebe

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First Basin Bath



Amy's daughter Olivia is still sick today. Kerry (her backup) came by to help me during lunch. She showed me how to give a basin bath to Arnold. Unfortunately all the professional cameras in the house are low in battery so I couldn't take a picture of his first basin bath. Wuwuwuwuwu...

The camcorder was working though. I taped 2 minutes of the bath. When you give either a sponge bath or a basin bath to a baby, you need to undress them completely. Sometimes they pee or poop while you're doing it. Well, what you need to do is to pick a time after they just pee or poop to give them the bath and make the bath time as short as possible.

Biajee obviously couldn't adjust to this concept. He bathes Arnold with his diaper on. I guess I'll have to tolerate that till I have enough strength to bathe him myself. Just in case the baby pees or poops, you'll have to clean him up all over again. Biajee does everything quite slowly so he couldn't avoid Arnold's urine time while bathing him. Poor little Arnold will have to tolerate Dad's behavior for another 2 weeks.

Also, I had stomache spasm this morning and it hurts like hell. It sounds like I'm getting all the diseases I have had since I was a kid. Although Arnold is a lot of fun, the pain of postpartum is nothing a normal person could tolerate, not to mention the 9 month pregnancy time. Hence, we Chinese people say raising your own kid makes you appreciate all the hardship your mother endured to bring you up. (养儿方知报娘恩)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home