baobaobebe

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

This is the first July 4th after Arnold is born. Biajee has to go to work. He didn't get any days off this year. In my company, they give people both July 3rd and July 4th off so that it'll be a 4 day weekend. Of course I won't be able to take advantage of it because I'm on maternity leave.

I'm taking vitamins and calcium every day. Arnold takes all the nutrition he needs from my body. Whatever is leftover is mine. A lot of nursing moms tend to lose their teeth because of lack of calcium. I don't want to be part of that group so I have to take disgusting liquid calcium and vitamins every day.

I started to introduce classical music to Arnold today. I should not be watching too much TV this month because it hurts my eyes. Luckily we have this nice radio channel FM 90.1 that plays classical music all day long. Arnold likes to be talked to and told stories to all the time. I wore myself out trying to tell him different stories yesterday. He can get the wonderful lifetime story of Abraham Lincoln from the radio today. Maybe I'll introduce him some audio books later on. He sleeps 4 to 5 consecutive hours every night, which is a lifesaver for Biajee and me. This is because I was happy most of the time when I was pregnant with him and I slept really well through most of my pregnancy. It's something to be proud of since most moms I know had tough pregnancy and couldn't sleep at all.

I hope to be able to watch the fireworks tonight through my bedroom window. I haven't been downstairs since Biajee carried me to bed from the hospital. It takes a long time for the wound to heal and I need 2 more weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home