baobaobebe

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Induction

We got up at 5:00 am. Arrived at the hospital at 6:30 am. Doctor came at 8:10 am. He put the gel in me at 8:30 am. I had to lie down for an hour. Room number is 257. At 9:30 am, I was allowed to get up and go to the restroom. Then I was asked to walk for an hour. My water broke at 10:30 am.

I had asked for epidural as soon as I got in and I hope I'll get it soon. I'm contracting, but it's not nearly as painful as last labor. I would rate it a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being the highest. Dr. Austin will be back to see me around 12:30 pm. Of course, if I made leaping progress, he would be here in 20 seconds.

I just got the walking epidural. It's a new thing. Basically, patients who got that medicine could still walk around, drink water and go to the rest room. If the pain gets worse later, I can always switch to the normal epidural. I think the pain is under control now. I'm feeling very light headed and dizzy.

My dilation this morning was 2 cm and it is still 2 cm. We'll decide what to do when Dr. Austin comes in to see me in 30 minutes. At the moment, I'm going to take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home