baobaobebe

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Postponed Induction

We went to see Dr. Austin today.

"So where is the baby?" He said dandily as soon as he entered the room.

"We don't know. But I'd like to cancel the induction on Friday because I need to go to a party to celebrate Chinese Luna New Year on Saturday." I told him. "What does your schedule look like next week? May we schedule an induction some time next week?"

"Well, I need to check." He ran out of the room for a while and came back. "Do you want to do it on 27th or 28th?"

"They're the same to me. We can do it on Tuesday." I looked at Biajee.

"All right. 27th at 6:30." Dr. Austin said.

"6:30 in the morning? Of course I need to be there, but you don't have to." I sighed. "You'll probably come around 8:30."

"Hey, you may deliver this weekend at 2 o'clock in the morning." He complained.

"Well, you told me you would be on call so whether I schedule an induction or not, I'll have you this weekend if I'm in labor." I said cheerfully.

"Yeah, but I'm getting old. I don't want to get up at 2 o'clock in the morning. The little room in that emergency building only has a single bed and really not too much in it. I usually go home if there is nothing...." He murmured.

"You know, if I deliver before 26th, the baby will be born in the year of rat, otherwise he'll be born in the year of ox. His Chinese zodiac sign will be totally different and he may have a different fate. It's very important." I tried to tease him. "So I won't see you before 27th, huh?"

"Ha, maybe I'll see you this Friday." He winked evily. I don't think he likes the idea of being called out at 2 am for my labor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home