baobaobebe

Friday, August 25, 2006

Volleyball

I played volleyball yesterday and the day before with my coworkers. My boss caught me and was amazed that I could play volleyball but could not go back to work yet. He briefed me about their having to work both Saturday and Sunday in the past weekend and had to stay till 2 am one night. Well, the company volleyball tournament is next Tuesday and we need to practice for that.

Volleyball is a very strenuous sport, especially when you have to play on sand instead of hard court. My shoes were filled with sand by the end of the games. Biajee picked up Arnold from school two days in a row. Starting from next week, I'll be dropping Arnold off in the morning while Biajee will pick him up after work because I'm expected to work long and crazy hours immediately.

Hard to believe 12 weeks' maternity leave had gone by so fast. Difficult to adjust to the fact that I could only see Arnold for 3 hours every day now - in the morning before he goes to day care and in the evening after he gets home. The rest of day Arnold will be either sleeping or in Montessori.

Yet, I need to go back to work. We need my paycheck. The bank account has been drained down to almost nothing. Not working for 3 months and still spending over $10,000 is a bad situation to be in. We need to figure out our finance condition, for ourselves and for Arnold. We need to invest, start a side business or stay in this rat race forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home