baobaobebe

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Immigration

I just found out from the INS website that I still cannot apply for US Citizenship yet because we just moved to Arkansas. I need to be living in the current state for at least 3 months to be able to qualify for the application. Since we've moved on May 26th, I'll at least wait till end of August to apply.

I paid the fee to order application though and filled out all the forms and printed them out. I'll wait till August to sign and date them and enclose the money and documents with the form to send it to Texas. In the mean time, if Biajee finds a job in Arkansas, the employer would have to sponsor his work visa.

Fortunately Wal-mart sponsors work visas for qualified employees so we're lucky in that sense. Biajee will have an initial phone screen with Wal-mart's HR recruiter this Thursday. We picked out a nice suit for him in case he gets to the 2nd round. Well, I'm confident he'll get to the 2nd round. He is very smart and has all the credentials an employer could look for. A lot of spouses in my group are trying to find a job in Wal-mart.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home