baobaobebe

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve






Today is Christmas Eve. There was almost no traffic on the road today. Most people are doing their last minute shopping and then having the big Holy Night Dinner. Then they will wake up in the morning, open their gifts under the Christmas tree and then have a huge Christmas feast tomorrow evening.

Arnold's school closes at 4 pm today so I have to leave at 3:30 pm to pick him up. "Can you pick him up a bit early?" Biajee asked me this morning.

"Why? I'm pregnant. I'd love to pick him up at lunch time if I wasn't so uncomfortable. Plus we paid day care and they should watch our kids." I told him.

I'm still mailing out gifts to friends today. We bought some 2009 desktop calendars from Berkeshire Hathaway's annual shareholders' meeting. We'll still have two of them left. Of course, we're going to use one ourselves and I am hoping the other one will appreciate in value over the years.

"I don't think it'll appreciate in value." Biajee said gloomily."It is for 2009. But of course, you could reuse it 17 years later."

Well, this is exactly the opinion you get for marrying a nerd sometimes. But I think this calendar will hold value, especially after years. Maybe we could auction it on eBay for 10 times worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home