baobaobebe

Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

We bought a tatami bed today. We searched all over town yesterday, but failed to find a board bed for me. Biajee was on line this morning searching for a tatami bed. There is actually a local store in Boulder that sells tatami beds and futons. We drove there after Arnold woke up from his nap this afternoon. We ordered the biggest size - California King with the head pillow. It'll be shipped in 2 to 3 weeks and then Biajee will pick it up with our van and put it together. It's so beautiful and comfortable that I was almost in tears.

I found another Chinese doctor who has been practicing for over 30 years. He has some Wudang Kungfu as well. I've seen him twice already and my backache has improved dramtically. He said the sphine was hurt and the disc had moved slightly. It'll probably take 5 to 6 times treatment for it to heal completely. Biajee and Arnold went with me to his clinic yesterday. He talked to us about Chinese methodology of curing diseases. He advised us to boil some vinegar every day in the house so that Arnold can smell it and will not catch a cold. He also tested both my pulses and found out that there was still leftover heat in my stomache from the child birth. I need to eat very light dinner - only fruits and vegetables, preferably watermelon every night to let it go. After I stop breast feeding, he'll give me some prescription of Chinese medicine to totally get rid of it. If I don't listen to him, I'll probably die by the age of 58, like my mother and grandmother. He thinks they both had the same problem but didn't get treated. The heat in the body accumulates over years after childbirth, resulting in the thickening blood and finally heart attack.

Biajee went out shopping for watermelons for me. There is no such thing in the grocery stores at this time of the year. I can only wish him luck. We had sushi, sashimi and tuna neck at Tora, our favorite Japanese restaurant, to celebrate the new year.

Arnold is laughing, smiling and cooing every day. This is so unfair. Every time he does these things I feel being taken advantage of. There is so much love and pain and wonder in my chest that it's almost unbearable. He refused to sleep last night though, because we went to a friend's house and people were singing KaraOK till midnight. It was so loud and terrrible that poor Arnold was annoyed. Worst of all, all the Chinese kids there take turns performing their piano and violin after dinner. I cannot imagine Arnold being one of them in 5 years. I will not force him to learn anything if he doesn't like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home