baobaobebe

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blizzard

It's hitting us now, today, from this morning and getting worse and worse. We'll probably get between 10 to 20 inches by this time tomorrow.

Montessori closed at noon so Biajee and I had to pick up Arnold. My boss agreed that I should work from home this afternoon. I logged on line and found our headquarters closed by 1:30pm due to the severe weather condition. It took me over an hour to drive home. Biajee tried to go to work after we left Montessori, but his car could not climb up the hill. He called his boss and they agreed that he should go home for the afternoon.

Finally he was close to home, but our Civic got stuck in the snow 2 blocks away from the house. We've already accumulated over a foot of snow here. Biajee took the Sienna out with a shovel trying to rescue our Civic. The garage door would not close because of snow. Fortunately I went to the gym at 1:36 am today and got that done. Otherwise I'd feel guilty for the rest of the day.

Chances are Arnold's day care will be closed tomorrow and our company will be closed as well. I don't think a lot of people can even get out of their house due to the snow. We only hope there will be continuous power and water supply. All the flights at DIA are canceled. I'm so glad Biajee was able to drive home before it gets worse. I don't want to stay at his company for the night. He didn't even bring any changes of clothes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home