baobaobebe

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

NBA Final

Miami Heat got crowned this year's NBA championship. I was so relieved. I used to live in south Florida and I had watched Miami Heat play there. They were not as good a team as they are today then. Suddenly I miss my life in Florida. I miss all the palm trees, the beach, the naked or half-naked men and women in the bars... If I still lived there, I would definitely have been to watch one of the Finals in the AA stadium.

NBA is my favorite sports show to watch every year. I know most of the players and coaches. Pat Riley did a great job this year. I started to like him a lot when he coached the New York Knicks. Pity Knicks lost to Houston Rockets in 1994. There are tons of star players who had never worn a championship ring all their life: Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc. They were all shadowed by the glowing beam of Michael Jordan.

Last night, however, Gary Payton, Alonzo Mourning and all the other players in Heat finally realized their dreams. Gary Payton had been playing NBA for years and this is his first championship ring. Alonzo had had kidney transplant and it's amazing he is still in the field after that.

I've been thinking about the games all night even when in dreams. Maybe Arnold can grow up to be a basketball player? Then I'll be able to watch all the games for free. But he may not be tall enough. You can't teach height in this game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home