baobaobebe

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sleepless Night

We got up every 2 hours last night to change and feed him. I can't imagine this will be a nightly routine until he is potty trained. I just realized that I have never slept for more than 4 hours consecutively since Arnold was born and this will probably last for the next 18 years.

We were told we should sleep when the baby sleeps. How can that be possible? We can't do anything around the house when the baby is awake. The only time we could drink, eat, take a shower and get online is when he is asleep. Then we'll never be able to rest.

I don't know how we are going to do this after both of us go back to work. One of my coworkers sent me a meeting request for the coming Monday. I'm going to ignore it. How could anyone assume I would work while I'm on sick leave, short-term disability and no-pay leave? We are minimizing visitors while I'm still recovering. I need a lot of rest these days. The most I could sleep is 1.5 hours every time between feedings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home