baobaobebe

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

No Labor This Week

We went in for my weekly check today. My cervix is not open and no sign of birth.

"When will I have this baby?"

"Pei, that's a million-dollar question. If I can answer that, I would be sitting in a beach house sipping a margarita and and have everyone come and do the Austin Baby Timer check - I can collect $10 per head. I'd say it's 3% chance every day. But the possibility of you having the baby this week is quite small."

"How much does the baby weigh this week?"

"I'd say about 7 lbs and 2 ozs, but that's just an estimate. What did I say last week?"

"6 lbs. You said it was only 6 lbs last week."

"I think it'll be between 7 lbs 2 ozs and 7 lbs 5 ozs when it comes out. But it depends on how much it weighs on the scale. Could be 8 lbs. If the baby still doesn't come out after your due date, we'll induce you a week or two later. I'll pick a day when I'm on call for 24 hours to induce you. Or you may have the baby this weekend because I'm on call this weekend." *Wicked Smile*

So we got nothing as usual. The baby's head is still downwards, heartbeat is normal, my blood pressure is 114/70. We're on the right track. I don't think I'm ever ready for this baby.

I've built two extensive database models for my substitute to run while I'm out. My boss is talking about calling me while I'm on maternity leave. And he is going to send my substitute to Asia for business trips right after I come back from leave. How unfair is this society to women? I missed out all the traveling opportunities this year and maybe any career development explorations as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
    If you have a moment, please have a look at my usenet previews site.
    Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home