baobaobebe

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mattress

Biajee went to shop for a new mattress today. Our current one is more than 5 years old and my back has been hurting ever since I got home from the hospital.

The sales agent told Biajee that mattresses are like tires. We need to rotate them every 3 months - change side from head to toe and flip it upside down, otherwise it'll wear out very quickly. A good mattress could last 5 to 10 years. The one Biajee just got us is with 5 years warranty. Now we're all set for 5 years. Plus we understand why our old mattress wears out so fast.

Biajee also got a new Seiko 5 watch for me. I haven't been wearing a watch for over 10 years, which is why I don't have one. However, since we're going to put the baby on schedule, I need to time it accurately under any situation. I have to wear a jade wrist band as well to remind me which side to nurse Arnold on. There are nursing bands for sale in the hospital - those are plastic ones and look really ugly. I think I could substitute it with the traditional Chinese jewlry.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there Mommy,
    Thats what we do with our Mattress that we had on our bed in Fla. That bedroom set that I had down there is in storage and we will be getting it out to have here for our guest room. We may just buy a new TOP for it. We have a different bedset that we bought before we moved up here. It has a pillow top, so you can only turn it head to toe. It's pretty thick , too. We have the trundle bed in our study which really works out great. I hope that you 3 can come to visit. We have the room for sure now.
    So, how is Mommy-Hood going? Sounds like you guys are learning a lot and that will be a never ending thing. He will change so much every week. I just think he is so beautiful!!! Just take it one day at a time. It will get easier for you. My sister-in-law (Joyah) took 10 weeks off. She was only paid for 6 of them. She did all the breast feeding and I dont think that now she has anymore left. My God, did her boobs get big. They are back to their size now and she says that Wyatt misses them. Oh, well...next time he can carry the baby!!! :)
    Do you have a thame for the babies room?
    Well, I better let you go. I know that you have your hands full but I really love reading about your experience. You are a trip.
    Love ya,
    Marlene

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger baobaobebe said…

    Dear Marty,

    We sure will find time to visit you in Alabama. I'm taking 12 weeks off and getting paid only for 2 weeks full time, 4 weeks 75% and 6 weeks no pay. I think it's worth it though. I'd rather take all my rest and time off now than 10 years later.:)

    I hope I could nurse for a whole year. We'll see how long the milk supply lasts.

    Well, the baby's room is blue. We really don't have a specific theme for it, but we've put a big stuffy donkey (Yuhh) there.

    I'm trying to write more whenever I can.

    Love and best regards to you and Jamin,

    Pei

     

Post a Comment

<< Home