baobaobebe

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Motherhood

It's the first day without Biajee after Arnold is born. I have to hold the fort all by myself. I tried to walk around upstairs a bit and fold all the laundry. My wound started to hurt like hell. Gosh, there is a reason why people stay in bed for a month. I'll just wait till Amy comes in at noon to help take down the laundry basket and make some lunch for me.

The safest position obviously is to lie down in bed. Arnold started crying just when Biajee kissed him Good-bye. We changed the feeding interval to 2.5 hours instead of 3 hours yesterday. We're so afraid that he is not getting enough. My pumping is finally kicking in. I was able to express 2 oz of breast milk after I nursed this morning. If my milk supply increases like this, I should be able to breast feed for a year.

Babies who get fed breast milk are less likely to get sick and are generally not as obese as those who take formula. All this trouble is for a good cause and I need continue on this track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home