baobaobebe

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Professor Nieschwietz






Biajee was shocked when I told him that most students in my class address the professor by his first name. I personally think it's very impolite and I've always addressed my professors by their last names followed by either "Professor" or "Doctor". The American undergrad students are poorly trained on how to respect teachers.

"Nobody addressed me by my first name when I was teaching in CUNY." Biajee said.

"That's because they don't know how to pronounce it." I said coldly.

Some students even asked the professor how to pronounce his last name during the Tuesday class. Dear me, we're 2/3 into the semester already. And his last name is very easy to pronounce because it spells like Nieschwietz. He got his CPA license in Texas and then he went to the academic area and never renewed it for 10 years. After he moved to Colorado, he suddenly wanted to transfer his license so Texas wanted him to pay $250 renewal fee for each year and $200 fine for each year, which would total up to $5000. He thought it might be cheaper to retake it. Then he found out that he could simply transfer his test scores to Colorado and re-apply for the license without paying any fee.

"Definitely take the CPA exam." He said. "You only need to do it once in your life."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home