baobaobebe

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How to Interview

I attended a class about The Art of Interviewing today. It's mostly helpful in a lot of behavioral questions. The key is to always say that you're a terrifc fit for the position you're interviewing for even though you may have sucked at some other questions. This is the way the Americans like.

They want confidence, nacissism and ego regardless of what your real skill sets are. If you say something like, "I have the right skill sets, but there will be a learning curve." You'll absolutely lose a few points there. It's not the right time of being humble, feasible or practical. It's the time of bragging, exaggerating and magnifying what you can do.

Never say anything negative about yourself. Picture you as the best of all in the whole wild world. The thing is, I have interviewed a lot of people and have never asked them such questions before. I pretty much could judge whether they are a perfect fit for the job based on all the other questions I have asked. And they'll always lose points if they tell me they're the perfect fit for the job.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    this only applies in US, or it is a universal golden rule? your bad example is quite similar to what i did earlier. sigh. hehe

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger baobaobebe said…

    This should totally depend on the situation and context you're having with the interviewer. There is no golden rule. If I were to tell the truth, I'd always say that I'm over qualified for the job I'm applying for. Hahaha...

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are so experienced that you can definitely say this. hehe. But i am not. I don't possess experience for what I am looking for. So i want to/have to/must start low. The thing is that I got rejected becoz i am overqualified for the position.

    To be honest, it is difficult for me to tell whether interviewers like aggressive ppl or not. So i stay humble. haha...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home