baobaobebe

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Starbucks

I'm meeting a former Corporate Express employee for coffee today. I think this is a great way to spend my morning. Rumors from multiple sources say that Doug Woodwards, the VP of Contract Merchandising in Staples, will fly into Denver tonight and clean up our department tomorrow. He'll leave at 4 pm tomorrow for Boston.

I'm still amazed at the fact that Staples will send a VP here to lay us all off. Do they think this will make us feel better? What a waste of resources and money. I don't think anyone is working hard today in the company. People are chatting with each other all over the place. Well, this has been the case for the past few months.

It'll be interesting to see how many people in my group will get an offer and move to Boston tomorrow. I bet nobody will work tomorrow either. My schedule is busy tomorrow: I have a training for how to do expense reports on the new website scheduled for 2 hours in the morning and then I'll have lunch with my previous boss who got laid off back in May. He offered to buy me lunch tomorrow. Maybe I could cry on his shoulders after getting my precious severance package and retention plan if there is any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home