baobaobebe

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Special






Today we celebrate Valentine’s Day.

As humans we search for the one:
who will understand us
who will accept us as we are
who will support us when we need it
and who will accept our support

So we date, we meet people at work, at play, at school and all through our life. As we grow closer to a special someone we ask:

Will you still smile at me, As time goes by

Will you laugh at my wit, As the decades roll on

Will your eyes still sparkle for me, As my hair turns gray

Will your kisses hold passion, As life's twilight approaches

Will your heart still flutter, As I walk with my cane

Will you still love me, After all the years.


Today is a joyous celebration as Biajee and I reinstate to family, friends and the rest of the world, our love and commitment to each other. We honor ourselves:

Two hearts, one beat

Two minds, one thought

Two souls, one spirit

Two individuals, one union

Two destinies, one path

Two lives, one lifetime forever


=============================================

This is a poem written by my friend Tom Shaw. I've used it twice as my toasting verses of Maid of Honor at two of my best friends' weddings. Pity that I didn't get a chance to use it at my own wedding. It's so beautiful that I want to keep it somewhere safe - preferably my blog site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home