baobaobebe

Friday, April 21, 2006

Birthday Party

We are going to Sarah's birthday party tonight. She's turning six. We have no idea what to buy for her as a birthday gift. I didn't have anything when I was a kid, not even a stuffed anmimal so I am really clueless of what girls of that age might like. Beautiful clothes, I guess, but we don't know her size. Biajee is not much help either. He knows all the secrets and tricks for boys - they like balls and trucks. Maybe we'll just give cash or a gift card, but that sounds so boring.

I had never had a birthday party before I went to college. I used to celebrate it with only mom, dad and a cake. In college, we celebrate every roommate's birthday like crazy. We'd have so much food together and talk till midnight. It is said whatever we don't get when we are little, we tend to give our kids more. I guess my son will have a birthday party every year, will go to swim class and music class when he is 6 months old, will have piano/violin lessons and a Taikwondo coach when he turns four.

Our facility department confiscated Laura's electric heater the other day for safety reasons.

"I'm freezing, Pei." She whined.

"Try to get pregnant, then you're warm all the time." I teased.

"Oh no thank you. I'll just put a sweater on. It's a much cheaper solution." Judging that she has a 6 month old son and is sitting next to me, she surely has more insight than me of what to do when she feels cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home