baobaobebe

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tandem Bike


We picked up our tandem bike from Unversity Bikeshop in Boulder during lunch. It's a shiny blue Trek. What a beauty! It's actually the most expensive bicycle I've ever owned in my life. Biajee said that it would be my birthday gift this year. Well, he'll enjoy it with me too. We're going to a state park for biking this weekend. I'm not supposed to go anywhere that's more than an hour's drive from the hospital after 36 weeks. I think I should enjoy my last days of fun.

We had our first baby care class last night and learned how to swaddle the baby with a receiving blanket and how to burp the baby after he eats. A baby surely is a lot of trouble. And newborn babies are really ugly. They look like wrinkled walnuts covered with jello. Normally after a few days they start to look better. I'm pretty convinced that ours will look more like an alien: what if he gets my look and his height? Anyway, that's the least of our worries for now.

We have to finish shopping by 36th week and pack our luggage for the hospital. We'll be on standby mode every day from then on. I don't know if I can put up with the pain and hard work of labor. I need to remind myself of all the brave commnunist party members who suffered all kinds of torture from the enemy and gave their lives to the foundation of The People's Republic of China. I need to learn from Liu Hulan, Sister Jiang, Dong Cunrui and Huang Jiguang...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home