baobaobebe

Monday, February 06, 2006

Trip Log 2 (Feb 3rd, 2006)





We got up at 5 am - neither of us remembered that we had an hour's time lag from Denver. We were the first dine-in customers at the local McDonald's. The manager opened the door for us. On the way to Mt. Rainier National Park, we even saw sunrise for a few minutes, which was super for Seattle. Most of the park was closed except that we could drive to Paradise Road. By the time we got to the furthest point, it started snowing heavily. The rainforest was magnificent even when it was pouring. The drive was quite challenging, but I was asleep for most of it. It was an absolute advantage to have a husband who could drive. I didn't know at that time that he would be kicked out by our insurance company since he had accumulated more than 8 points in the last 36 months. He enjoys driving with a suspended license and most of all, speeding.

We decided to have dinner on the top of Space Needle in downtown Seattle. It is 620 feet tall and is a great place for dating. I mean, if you want to impress a lady or propose to her, it's a romantic idea to fly her to Seattle and present her that piece of diamond on top of Space Needle.

Biajee obviously knew photography very well, especially how to take pictures of night views. All we need is a nice tripod, which we carried all the way from Colorado. The pictures turned out beyond my expectation. I suddenly became a pro for night shots and we walked around town to find good objects for me.

My heartest desire was to go on a plane trip somewhere, anywhere, when I could still fly, other than Colorado. Biajee had realized it for me. Once I stormed around the gift shops downtown, my wishful thinking targeted for taking a nice postcard shot of the Space Needle. Again this had been granted as well. I suspect that I'm too easily entertained.

Biajee's wit and charm shine in a way that he could make everything so simple and so messy for us at the same time. Out of the 519 pictures we downloaded last night, only 3 or 4 turned out presentable. It is still a mistery how he managed to produce the worst photos with the best camera - well, since when was he normal anyway??? I should definitely keep him to myself for the benefit of our society...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jiang Xiao said…

    the pictures are super, and the articles are enjoyable to read.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger baobaobebe said…

    Thanks. But as you know, there will be no pictures tomorrow because we've posted all Biajee's most glamourous shots for this trip.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they are really nice photos! - guagua

     

Post a Comment

<< Home