baobaobebe

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ultrasound


Link to the Album


I was definitely in one of my traumatic mood because all I could see from the screen were a group of weird shaped bubbles moving around. Biajee and Dr. Austin got really excited though.

"Can you see that little hand waving?" Dr. A pointed it out with his mouse. Oh yeah, sure, the five little dots must be those finger bones, making a No. 1 sign.

"Can you see that little pee wee? It's too prominent to be a vagina."

"Where?????" I tried to move while being pressed down by Dr. A.

Biajee and Dr. A both said enthusiastically, "Right there, between the legs." For a fleeting moment, I thought my eyeballs were popping out of the frame, but I still couldn't see anything. These two must be crazy. All I could ask was, "Are you sure?"

"Well, Pei," Dr. A smiled at me. "You can never be 100% sure till the baby is born. I'll give you 80% that this baby is a boy. I've had boys with vaginas and girls with pennises before. So don't buy any baby clothes or decorate the room - I don't want to be responsible for that..."

Great! This was just what I need. I glanced at my sneaky husband desperately with a "We still don't know" look. "At least it's better than 50%." Biajee whispered gleefully. -- He was not making me feel any better!

Heartbeat: 150/minute
Weight: 0.75lb.

The weight is just at 50 percentile so he is a normal baby. It's amazing that with us being the parents, the boy still turns out normal. Yes, let's trust science for now and take it as a HE till we have more information. And they haven't changed the due date. One thing funny: the later into the pregnancy stage, the more inaccurate these statistics are.

The spine looks really like a big thousand-legged worm. When the baby moved around, we saw the 4 heart chambers shaped somehow like swimming jellyfish. At least he's got a heart, a brain, two arms and two legs. And he sure kicks a lot, just like his father.

A little concern is that the placenta is too low. Dr. A suggests that we do another ultrasound when I'm 32 weeks to make sure it's not that low any more.

Now we need to think about names. Biajee wants him to be either Hercules or Hagrid. I hope he is just merely serious with it.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger biajee said…

    Hey, look through the album link, to see if you get some clue. BTW, msn works poorly under browsers other than ie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home