baobaobebe

Friday, December 18, 2009

Hair Business

I went to Brian's home for his birthday party last night after doing my hair.

The salon I go to has 3 hair dressers worked on me so far. The first one was a nice girl. It took her about 2.5 to 3 hours to do my hair. She left a few months ago. Then I got a young girl who was an apprentice. It took her 3 to 4 hours to do my hair. She quit 2 months ago so now the owner of the salon does my hair and I can usually be out of there within 2 hours.

The amazing thing is I used to pay $120 for the first girl, $80 for the 2nd girl. Now I'm paying $75 for the owner. Salon is an interesting business. The markup of products and labor can be so high that it's easy to cut price in half or offer something to customer for free.

I also got a clear understanding of this year No 1 Christmas wish list for kids: Zhu Zhu Pet. Amazon is selling it for $30, eBay is selling it for $50. Starting from next Monday, Walmart stores will sell it for $8 from Monday to Wednesday, starting from 7am. Maybe we should get one for Arthur's birthday. Biajee will have to decide whether he'd like to fight the crowd in the stores next week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home