baobaobebe

Thursday, December 17, 2009

LCD

Biajee bought a new LCD TV and a TV stand from Sam's Club yesterday. This happened at the same time when I was in the oath ceremony for my citizenship. I had to go to the courthouse of Western District of Arkansas in Fort Smith. There were about 50 people taking the oath yesterday and I was the only person from China.

The appointment letter said I need to arrive there at 8:30 am, but I got lost again as usual so I was late for about 20 minutes. The way it was set up was everyone had to sign in first and then the ceremony began. So even if I had arrived earlier, I would still have to wait for all the people to sign in.

Then everyone had to stand up and say the Pledge of Allegiance together. We each got a Certificate of Naturlization. Now we can apply for a US passport. Right after the ceremony, I found a parking ticket on my car and I had to go to the Police Department of Fort Smith to pay for it. I parked my car at meter parking, which only takes enough money for an hour. I put more money in, but the time on the meter will not change. This is just a gift of being an American citizen - I contribute to tax dollars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home