baobaobebe

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Selling the House







We got an offer on our house yesterday and we countered back. The buyer has signed the contract today. Now we're selling the house at $18,000 below the price we bought at. In today's market with the double digit unemployment rate, I am not too upset about it.

We have to go through inspection and then seal the deal. I don't think I'll pay for anything if the buyer finds out a list of things of the house that need to be fixed. They've already got a sweet deal and if they don't want to invest any more money, we'll just break the deal.

I feel like part of me has gone blank. After the house is closed, which will be at the end of September, if the buyer has no problem getting the loan, we totally cut our connection with the state of Colorado. Arkansas will be our permanent and only home going forward. If I ever get laid off again, the same amount of money will last us longer in Arkansas as the day care and housing is cheaper.

I'm taking Dale Carnegie class at the moment for 12 weeks. We meet every Monday evening for 4 hours. I am learning a lot about confidence, communication, public speaking and managing stress.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home