baobaobebe

Friday, February 23, 2007

Raising Money






I found out that we had to raise money to be able to bowl yesterday. Everyone is supposed to raise mininum of $75 to qualify. Of course, all the VPs and directors have already donated big amounts so I cannot go to them any more. I took the enveloped and asked everyone to donate $1. Biajee chipped in $20 to support my bowling activity. My final amount came to $55. I need to donate on line with another $20 to qualify.

It's a great experience since I never asked for money from other people all my life. It's similar to sales skills, which is very important if we want to start our own business soon. I'm always ashamed of myself when I open my mouth to ask for things from other people. It's a barrier I need to overcome. I need to take Yes and No gracefully. It's also a great learning experience of how to say No to other people. I think it's a big step up for me.

Arnold had a little fever today and was kicked out of classroom by 10 am. Biajee had to take the day off to be home with him, which means he is working tomorrow while I assume my duty of a parent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home