baobaobebe

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Night

We watched The Academy Awards after Arnold went to bed last night. I fell asleep on the floor after they gave out the prize to Best Song.

"How long will this thing last?" I remembered murmuring to Biajee before I lost my consciousness.

"Oh very late. When I lived on the east coast, I used to watch it till 1 am in the morning." His voice was dandy.

By the time I woke up from my dreams, he already turned off the TV. "Go to sleep in the bed." He looked down at me.

I dragged myself upstairs and sank into the bed. We had a rough night because Arnold woke up three times. I finally got a chance to ask Biajee before we stepped into our cars this morning, "Who won the best actor award?"

"A black guy."

"What's his name?"

"I don't remember."

"Which movie was he in?"

"I forgot."

Jesus! What is the whole point of him watching TV at all? He cannot remember anything.

I came to work finding that my college classmates Rong and Qing had each donated $20 to my Junior Achievement activity. I'm so grateful. I sent the link of the website to a few friends for donations. The proceeds goes directly to the primary and middle schools in Colorado and the donor gets a receipt for tax deduction. It's for a good cause. We do what we can do for society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home