baobaobebe

Monday, May 15, 2006

When I am Old - A Mother's Whisper (Mother's Day Special)

When I am old

No longer the person I used to be

Be Patient



When I decorate my clothes with dinner

Forget how to tie my shoes

Be Patient



When I repeat myself

With stories you heard yesterday, last week, last hour

Be Patient



When I can no longer bathe myself

Be Patient

Fill the bath, scrub my back



When technology becomes a foreign language

Be Patient

Translate it into my language



When my legs are weak

Be Patient

Lend me your strong arms



When I forget

What we are talking about

Be Patient

Let me collect my thoughts



When you notice my age

Be happy, not sad

Hold me, touch me, talk to me

Make me feel safe



When you were young

I led you through life

Guided your hand

Made you feel safe.

Your smile,

Your laugh

Your love was all I needed



Now that I am young again

At the end of my time

Lead me with love

Guide me with compassion

Make me feel safe.

Accompany me



In return I will give you

My smile

My laughter

My unconditional love

=======================================================

This is my first attempt for an English poem. It's really difficult, but my friend Thomas Allen Shaw has helped me getting the rhythms and wordings correct.

I'm very jealous of people who still have their mothers alive to talk to because I lost mine two years ago. All I wish is to be able to call her and tell her that I miss all the nice little dishes she used to cook for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home