baobaobebe

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bad Apple

When Biajee told me that The Apple Store in Broomfield would have its grand opening last Saturday, I was really excited. They were giving out free T shirts to the first 1,000 customers. We got up early that morning, had breakfast at McDonald's and pulled in our car to the parking lot at exactly 10 am sharp - the store opening time.

I jumped up and down on the way to the store thinking I would have a T shirt with a design of bitten apple within minutes. Surprisingly enough, the line was half a mile long and there were security guards everywhere. Biajee and I went to the end of the line just to see the length of it. He convinced me that it wouldn't be worth it to stand there for 2 hours. If he hadn't said anything, I would probably have stayed in the queue like everyone else. His rough estimate was that there were over 1,000 people in the line already so even if we had waited, there wouldn't be any T shirt of bitten apple for me. Plus at my current stage, I really couldn't even stand for more than 3 minutes.

There went with my dream of the bitten apple T shirt. Boy, I was so disappointed. Biajee had known long before that there would be people lining up waiting for the T shirts, yet he didn't say a word till we saw the crowd. American consumers are so well-trained and perverted. Biajee showed me the bitten Apple T shirt he got from Xiao Di. I think the apple is too small. You could hardly tell its existence. Why can't they print bigger apples? They just won the first round of lawsuit against Beatles Apple Company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home