baobaobebe

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Breast Feeding Class

Biajee is not allowed in this class because we were supposed to have a nursing mother show us the real deal. Instead, we watched a video last night. We saw all kinds of breasts: big, small, white, black, Asian and all kinds of babies sucking on them. By the end of it, I felt like vomiting.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that the baby be nursed for one year at least. From a diet standpoint, nursing is much worse than pregnancy because I have to be more strict on my diet. No more diary products at all - farewell milk, cheese, icecream and yogurt... All these will make the baby gassy, fussy and colicky. Not to say I cannot eat much salt during this whole period.

Despite all the above sufferings, I am still planning on breast feeding because Arnold is going to MIT (although Biajee wants him to go to Berkeley). Of course we have to start his college fund as soon as he has a social security card.

I'm well equipped with knowledge of nursing bras, nursing pads, engorgement and milk clogging now. I am supposed to continue nursing even if I catch a cold because the baby can get the benefit of immunal products generated by my body. I will almost feel guilty for not getting sick during the nursing year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home