baobaobebe

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Interview with a Doula

Amy Starr Allen is the lady who will come to help me for 2 weeks after the baby is born. She is half way through getting her certificate in labor and postpartum Doula. I understand that millions of women have done this before, yet it's still a big deal when it comes to myself. We have to make sure everything is all right and taken care of.

Doulas are trained in Adult, Kid and Baby CPRs. They usually help with light cooking, baby laundry, running errands, answering the phone while I am sleeping and taking care of the baby a bit when I need to nap or shower. She could show me how to bathe the baby, how to breast feed, instruct me what not to eat while nursing and keep me in bed while running downstairs to get food for me.... All the nice stuff. She has a daughter who is only 10 months old. We really like her a lot.

We have read the contract after she left and will sign and make a deposit very soon. I'm thinking she might need to come over again before the baby is born so that I could show her around the house, the washer and dryer, where everything is stored in the kitchen, etc. It'll be chaos right after the child is born. We might put up a "SOLD" sign in front of the house so that friends don't come over too often to see the baby. Also, 2 friends have offered to throw a baby shower for me - we have to make up our minds pretty soon. It might be a good idea to email all my local friends to take turns and bring us food every day for a while....

There is so much to do and so little time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home