baobaobebe

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Skateboard






Biajee went to get Arnold a skateboard yesterday. It's an adult size, 31 inches long. The stores here carry smaller boards for children from 5 to 7 years old. The length is about 29 inches or 27 inches, not much smaller than the normal size at all. The mini boards on line can be 21 inches long, which is more suitable for Arnold's size and age.

At this point, I don't know whether we should let him learn the normal size from the beginning or not. If he sticks to the adult size, it'll be easier for him as he grows older. However, it may be more dangerous when he is younger or he may develop bad habits because the big board is harder to manage or turn.

Neither Biajee or I play skateboard at all. It wasn't in fashion when we were kids. I played roller skates when I was a kid, but that was in the playground in Beijing Workers' Sports Stadium. Even if I fell down, it wasn't a big deal. Here in US, kids play these things in street. I'm paranoid that they'd get hit by a car if they don't pay attention or if the drivers are careless.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home