baobaobebe

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Car Service






I took our Sienna to the dealership this morning for oil change. It ended up that the car needs the 45,000 mile service. I had the shuttle give me a ride back to my company. Then the dealer called and said that the car needs new brakes, which will be $168. A few places have leaks that'll cost $1,200 to fix, fortunately these will be under warranty. But we'll have to leave the vehicle there for 2 days.

Well, I talked to Biajee on the phone. It looks like that the only day we can drop it off is Friday so that we could pick it up on Saturday evening. It's hard to imagine we have so many problems with a 3 year old car. The good news is that we have 2 people and 2 cars in our family so that we could always car pool.

I'm eagerly waiting for the service department to call me back since I have class tonight. Meanwhile, a few people in my company are trying to load me up with meaningless work when there is less than 2 months left before my last day. I had to exercise the rights to push back today with a feasible time frame. I can't say that I respect a company like Staples that abuses a pregnant woman and then lays her off 2 weeks before her due date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home