baobaobebe

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Headhunter






I decided to stop by a headhunter's office yesterday before class. They had an open house for the whole day so I figured it might not hurt to just drop my resume. However, it just added more aghast to the job search process.

Most headhunters I've met so far are saying I'm making too much money. I think this shows their incapability of landing good job offers for people. Headhunters are just like the investment banking firms in Wall Street, who are not adding any value to the market at all. Realtors provide some value to house hunters or house owners by signing legal documents, showing the properties, providing suggestions, etc. Headhunters are just a brick wall between talented people and large organizations. Nobody can reach to a company without a headhunter these days.

Anyway, my trip didn't give me any positive result except that this lady will call all my references today while she doesn't even have a suitable job for me on hand. Another headhunter has done that before and he hasn't contacted me since. I start to miss the days when I was still holding H-1B visa. Most headhunters won't even work with me then because they can't deal with the fact that I needed sponsorship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home