baobaobebe

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Social






Neil Callahan, our CIO from The Netherlands is about to retire and he hosted a toast of drink in Omni Interlocken Hotel last night. He is 63 years old and his last day in the company will be Dec. 31st. Of course he won't work till then. His last working day will be Dec. 21st.

I had two glasses of Carbernet last night and met a lot of VPs and directors in my company. It's actually fun to socialize with everyone.

"Congratulations, Neil." I raised the glass. "So what will you do after you retire?"

"Oh I'm going to be consulting for the Hong Kong office." He said happily. "I may only work 20 hours a week, but ideally I hope I can work only 10 hours a week."

I wish I were in his shoes. Not too many people can retire without lowering their living standard these days. I may have Biajee work till 70 so that I could retire at 50 and go to the gym every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home