baobaobebe

Friday, July 27, 2007

Dragon Boat Race - Practice






I received a mysterious email from Ramon this morning indicating a great opportunity for me and requested that I call him back upon my arrival at the company. It took me a while to realize that they may need more people for their Dragon Boat Race team. Their team took the 2nd place last year and everyone on the team was antsy to win the championship this coming Sunday.

Our Saturday is already fully booked, but I did agree to go to practice with them after work today. Ramon will decide whether I'd be a paddler or the flag catcher. There'll be one race on Saturday and possibly three more on Sunday.

I told Biajee about it during lunch.

"You sprained your leg the other year right before the Dragon Boat Race. Don't you remember?" He winked at me.

As I was still limping, I realized it was true. But it's been 2 years since I last participated in the Dragon Boat Race. It's so much fun. Usually someone tall and thin is needed for the flag catcher position. Of course the person would hop on the Dragon's head at the right moment so that the boat could still advance at full speed for the longest time. It's very scientific.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home