baobaobebe

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Warren Buffet





We learn from the best. This is true in every industry and field. If you want to stand out, you need to learn from the best in this industry or you'll forever be mediocre.

Warren Buffet never put any money in tech stocks because he didn't understand it. There are plenty of areas that we can find good companies: retail, sports, apparel, education, oil, transportation, raw materials, etc. I'm simple-minded and if a company's value vs price is great, I wouldn't mind which industry it is in. Well, I do. I would never put money in Philip Morris (MO) despite its kicking-butt performance financially.

Woody Allen had a good point on open-mindedness, "I can't understand why more people are not bi-sexual because it doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night."

Patience is always a virtue in the stock market. I have the tendency of buying too early and selling too early. I still haven't fixed this mistake so far. Even my dad advises me to HOLD a good stock instead of selling it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home