baobaobebe

Thursday, May 17, 2007

SPSS

I've been wanting to learn this software ever since I graduated from the business school. None of the companies I've worked for were willing to spend that much money on this software.

I'm meeting with their sales rep in an hour to discuss our business needs and objectives. It's very expensive - $200k for five licenses and a 20% maintenance fee every year. My boss has still not decided yet whether we would make the investment or not.

It's a software for statisticians, widely used in banks and insurance companies for delinquency, risk and churn analysis, etc. It should be somewhat useful in our business as well when we choose which customers to send marketing information to or how to retain customers, etc.

Of course I've studied a little bit of SAS, a more advanced and more expensive software on my own. But without real world practice, all the readings of programming will just be in vain.

Biajee stayed home with Arnold today. Arnold has had loose poops ever since Saturday and was finally thrown out of school yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home