baobaobebe

Monday, May 14, 2007

Romance








I found some Hawaiian pictures in Berkshire Hathaway's roll of film. They look better than the ones taken with the digital camera.

During the 2007 BRK annual shareholders' meeting, a 17 year-old boy, who had been attending this stockholders meeting for 10 years in a row, asked Buffet what he could do as a young man to invest smartly, whether he should get an MBA degree or not.

Buffet advised him to read as much as possible, which wasn't a surprise to us at all. Buffet also pointed out that investment on paper is like reading a romance novel - it's not the real thing as dating. You need to put real money in and gain some investment experience and then decide whether it's your cup of tea or not.

The leg of the dining room chair landed on my toe finger while I was feeding Arnold the night before we drove to Omaha. I went to Urgent Care last week while it was still purple, swollen and painful. Of course I missed all the soccer games for the rest of the season. It's still fatter than other toe fingers, but the NP said nothing was wrong with the bone. So why can't I walk normally yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home