baobaobebe

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Cesarean

Biajee nearly fainted while we were watching the 2 cesarean videos last night. It was bloody, messy and disgusting, but that's all about labor. It involves urine, shit, placenta, uterus and a zillion other gross things. I can tell he doesn't want to be part of it, but it's too late to go back now.

We even looked at the fancy equipment of a vacuum. The doctor will sometimes vacuum the baby's head out if he stays too long inside me. Then the baby's head will look like a scone for a few weeks. Another choice is forceps which shapes similar like salad scoops. Vacuums are used more often these days.

Episiotomy is a big worry. Most my girl friends have been cut when they had their babies, but it's not common practice these days. Dr. A said that even if I get cut, I may still tear. It is said that Chinese women are likely to tear. Maybe Biajee won't want sex for 3 months after he sees all this.

The Group B Strep Test doesn't look bad at all compared to what we've learned last night. We'll just go in next Tuesday and have Dr. A take out some cells from me to culture. Hopefully he'll remember to tell me the results so that I could get proper treatment during labor just in case I'm tested positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home