baobaobebe

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Innovation Studio






I had scheduled our whole family to go to Wal-mart and take family photos yesterday. It's an annual thing that we do and I'm suddenly in the mood for it a few weeks ago. To make this more fun for myself, I scheduled myself to go to the mall for makeup before the photography, which I had never done before for the family photos in the previous years.

After walking out of Nordstrom with a full makeup on my face, I checked my voice mail and found that Wal-mart just left me a message telling me that they had a camera down time that day and that I had to reschedule our appointment. If I mention this when I reschedule my appointment, I could get a free poster ($5.99 value).

Biajee and Arnold had already dressed up for the photo. It is really not easy to organize an event for a whole family and then reschedule it. We decided to try Target. By the time we walked in, they told us that they were fully booked that day. The lady was very nice though. She told us that we could try Innovation Studios in the same plaza.

"I'm nervous about anything that's innovative." Biajee commented of the name of the place while we walked across the parking lot.

"Let's just go in and see whether they have opennings." I replied. "If they do not, we won't be able to take the shots today. We'll have to reschedule."

We were told that the wait time is 15 to 20 minutes and the whole process may take a full hour because they give us the photo on the same day right after we choose them.

The results turned out quite good, although Arnold refused to smile in the beginning. He was a lot happier after we started to play soccer ball with him during the 2nd half of the picture taken.

We ended up picking 6 sets of photos printed in different sizes. Biajee and I were both glad that we went to Innovation Studio. The place is reasonably priced and they'll give you a CD of all the pictures taken for you that day. That itself worths a lot because none of the photo studios we've been to in the US would do that for free. Glamourous Shots would charge $100 for the CD, while Wal-mart simply doesn't give you any electronic file at all.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home