baobaobebe

Monday, February 20, 2006

Baby's Room




We had a fruitful weekend. Between going to work on Saturday morning, watching the Winter Olympics in Torino, seeing 3 movies in one day and sleeping until after 12 pm, we managed to squeeze in the project of tearing down all the taping in the newly painted room and moving all the baby furniture into it.

For the past 4 days, I've been cuddling in the couch and sleeping like a dinosaur whenever the clock hits 9 pm sharp. Biajee had to do all the dish cleaning, surfing the internet, laundry and arranging the baby room during the time I'm unconscious. Certainly he doesn't get any credit for any of the above things because I haven't seen him working on them. Some house elves must have come by and finished all the work for us.

We spent the whole afternoon vacuuming, putting back the draperies and installing the crib for the baby on Sunday. The crib looks more like a cage to me. It probably is cute in some ways, but I couldn't remember the day I had to sleep in that thing at all. It took us 2 trips to Home Depot to get the suitable Dowel Pins for it. I somehow succeeded in embedding the idea into Biajee's mind that the baby needs a computer desk the minute he moves in. It looks suitable in his room, but more than likely we'd use it as the changing table for the first 2 years.

This baby is a rotten kid already. I remember that I didn't have my own room till I was 14 years old when I grew up. And I never had a single stuffed animal until I went to college. Perhaps it's why the house is full of puffy bears, donkeys and bunnies now. We're both excited to have this baby move in: I can buy more toys - maybe a colorful moving caterpillar (the baby will like it and I've always wanted one too) and Biajee, on the other hand, will apparently invest more in toy guns and video games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home